Banana Berry Breakfast Smoothie
There are times that I want a quick, easy, and fast breakfast. This is my “go to” smoothie recipe. It has a blend of protein, carbohydrates, and fat to keep you fueled all morning. If you find that you are hungry shortly after drinking this smoothie, then a liquid breakfast may not be for you. That is normal for some people. You can also save half of the smoothie for the next day (or a snack later) and have half of the smoothie with a slice of toast with 1 tablespoon of almond butter (or other nut butter of your choice).
- 12 oz unsweetened almond milk or other non-dairy milk of your choice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons vegan protein powder
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts
- 1 cup spinach or kale fresh or frozen
- ½ frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen cherries blueberries, or strawberries
- 1 pitted date optional, for sweetness
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seed
Place the almond milk through date into a high-speed blender and blend on high for 30 seconds
Turn blender off and add the ground flax seeds
Blend on high for an additional 30 seconds
Pour into a tall glass and enjoy!